Friday, August 28, 2009

Savor Each Moment


I never thought I would be one to start a blog. But after watching my first month with my first child fly by, I decided I needed some way to record my time with him. Whether anyone else will read this, I don't know. But for me, life has suddenly picked up speed and I can't find a way to slow it down. So this is my way of taking a moment every now and then and realizing what an amazing and wonderful life I am living. Maybe that's a little sappy, but aren't new moms entitled to a little sappiness?

In my last month of pregnancy I found myself worrying about my ability to meet the demands of a newborn baby. But since Dylan has been born, I found it came pretty naturally. They really don't need much more than food, clean diapers and love. I feel like I'm getting this mothering thing down, at least until he starts crawling. Then we have an array of new obstacles to overcome. But I must say that becoming a mom is, by far, the best thing I've ever done in my entire life. I love the little family that my husband and I have created - starting with the coolest dachshund in the world, Dre, and then bringing our son, Dylan, into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment